Look at the different kinds of transport.
What are they all called? Choose the name for each one.
Then check your answers.
Put an X in the boxes next to each kind of transport that
you have in your city.
Think about these questions. What kind of transport do you like best? Why?
What kind of transport do you like least? Why?
Put an X next to the sentences that you agree with.
1. Major roads in my city are very busy.
2. The road system in my city is well designed.
3. Transport is very slow in the centre of my city.
is very efficient in the centre of my city.
5. The pollution problem is not as bad as it used
6. The pollution problem is very bad today.
7. Taxi drivers are very friendly and helpful.
drivers are sometimes rude and I cannot trust them.
9. It is dangerous to travel in my city at night.
10. My city is safe at night.
11. There are too many cars on the road.
need more buses
13. The bus and train schedules are not very efficient.
14. The bus and train schedules are very efficient.
15. Transport is clean and comfortable.
16. Transport is not clean or comfortable.
What three things would you like to change about transport
in your city? Why?
city is Melbourne in Australia. The transport system
is good. There are trams, trains and buses. They are
clean and comfortable.
schedule is not very efficient though. Sometimes we
have to wait more than 30 minutes for a bus, train
or tram. During peak hour there are too many cars
on the road. I think we need more public transport.
Then fewer people would use their cars.
Write about transport in your city.
- 100 words maximum)
1. Remember to include the NAME of your city!
your teacher has asked you to complete this lesson, please give
your writing to him or her.