STEPS IN WRITING AN ESSAY
you are asked to compare and contrast two things, you need
to look at the similarities and differences.
= find similarities
contrast = find differences
that you are asked to compare and contrast the weather in
two cities. How can you start? What can you write about?
are the steps to take:
1. Think about the question.
2. Think about the things that are similar
3. Decide on the 3 ideas you will compare
4. Write draft notes about the three ideas.
5. Begin writing the essay. (introduction,
3 fact paragraphs & conclusion)
useful is it to learn this style of essay?
Compare and contrast essays are used a lot in academic
writing. Depending on the subject you study, you might
be asked to compare and contrast two wars, two chemicals
or even two ways to solve a problem.