PRONOUNS LOOK AT THESE WORDS myself yourself himself
/ herself / itself
ourselves yourselves themselves
at these sentences.
2. When the teacher didn't come, they studied by
3. Some airport staff were on strike, so we had
to carry our luggage ourselves.
4. Nobody ever cleans the bathroom! I always have
to do it myself!
5. I have to go out for ten minutes, will you be
okay here by yourself?
6. The dog hurt itself jumping
over a fence.
do we use reflexive pronouns? 1. We use
reflexive pronouns when the subject and object are the same. 2. We
don't use reflexive pronouns after 'relax, concentrate and feel.'
3. We sometimes use them to express surprise. For
example look at the sentence 'Timothy dressed himself.' We would
use this is Timothy is very young and we are surprised that he can
dress himself. Or we might use it if Timothy is an adult, but has
been very sick.
in the correct reflexive pronoun. The
first one has been done for you as an example. 1. Paul dried
2. Mara and Rick bought
a new car.
3. Nobody taught her how to sing. She taught
4. I can't belive that he painted it
5. Sometimes I look at
in the mirror and I think I don't look so bad!
6. Please help
to some cake or coffee.
7. The computer is okay now. It seems to have repaired
8. Sometimes women look after everyone else, but they don't look