LOWER INTERMEDIATE - UNIT 2A - LISTENING 1 (page 1)
WHEN CULTURES MEET
Listen and put in the missing words.
1. Linda: I just read about Brazilians, Koreans and Australians I'm worried!
2. Carlos: ?
3. Linda: Well, Koreans don't other people . It is disrespectful, but Brazilians touch each other. Imagine Korean and Brazilian were speaking. The Brazilian would touch Korean and Korean would get upset, ? The Brazilian wouldn't know what was wrong, ?
4. Carlos: suppose so.
5. Linda: And imagine Australian Brazilian. The Brazilian would stand close Australian would move away. The Brazilian would come closer again Australian would move away again. could be quite funny, ?
6. Carlos: What about Australian Korean?
7. Linda: I don't know. Koreans more formal, ?
8. Carlos: I guess people understand that cultural differences.
9. Linda: Yes, I guess there wouldn't really problem, ?
Copyright © 2003 Time4English. All rights reserved.