to the story. You will hear two people talking about insurance.
Rod is thinking about what kind of car insurance he should get.
Sarah tells him about something that happened to her car once.
you listen, think about the meaning of these words: is
to take out
to write off
to side swipe
to try to get money out of someone
When you have listened to the story, do the vocabulary exercise
below. You don't need to listen while you do the exercise. All of
the words in bold (dark letters) were in the story you just heard.
the word with the same meaning as the word in bold.
car was worth $20,000.
2. I figured it wasn't worth much.
3. I took out an insurance policy.
4. The car was written off in
5. The car was a wreck. It couldn't
be driven any more.
6. Someone side-swiped my car.
7. The car was a write off.
8. The people tried to get money out of