THE POWER OF THE TELEPHONE *
It gives us immediate access to people.
* It allows us to communicate with total strangers.
* We can convey messages quickly.
* No matter how far we are from the person, we can
still talk with them.
TELEPHONE TIPS *
Smile because it raises your voice and makes it warm
* Follow a script or list of points so you don’t
forget what you wanted to say.
* Speak slowly and pace yourself with the person on
the other line.
* Always be polite and friendly.
at the sentences below.
1. What would the receptionist say?
2. What would the calller say?
R (receptionist) or C
(caller next to each statement)
1. Could I speak to….?
2. Could I have your name/number?
3. He’s on another line...
4. Could you tell him to...?
5. I’m afraid she’s out of the office...
6. He’s away from his desk...
7. Could you give him a message?
8. He’s on a business trip...