|Back to AWL main page|
The Academic Word List Sublist 3, Group 9
bold = a common
form of the word
1. Parenting is hard when the husband and wife have different about raising children.
2. She had a complete the other day and the results showed that she had no health problems.
3. A high of married couples in this country divorce in the first year of marriage.
4. When you quote a source in your essay, you have to say who the is.
5. She with great excitement when she discovered that she had won a scholarship to study in France.
6. Did you see her when it was announced that she was the top student for the semester?
7. He was quite about it when he lost his job. He figured that this was an opportunity to do something more interesting.
8. Many journalists are losing their jobs because many are getting ordinary people like you and me to write articles and suppy photos.
9. Anwar runs every day and swims three times a week. He's fit.
10. What of students do you think are actually interested in the subjects they study?